« Home | Darden/Duke : +ve Wharton : -ve » | Haas Submitted! » | GMAT is the sole basis for admission decision » | Ding from Columbia » | YAYYYYYYY!!!! W wants me to interview! :D » | Checking my spam » | No Wharton interview invite yet :( » | Ross Submitted » | Duke Submitted » | Duke Reco faux pas :( »

Blue Devils Rock!

And so I return to the blog-world, after several months! As you prolly made out from the title of this post, I decided to go ahead with Duke, and sent in my regret note to Darden.

I am done with my visa formalities. Now stuck with the tonnes of material that Duke so kindly sent us, to be finished before reaching the school. And I am finding it maha tough to move my ass in gear to even open those CDs. They sent us an accounting and math CD each. Apart from this, there's Business Computer course assignments that we have the "option" of finishing before reaching school. Then there's the headache of getting my resume in shape, for which too, Duke sent a 30+ page booklet outlining how it should be! And ofcourse there are tonnes of formalities like Immunization, forex, tickets, transit visas, apartment, laptop, phone, books, suits, formals, knee length shorts (eh?) etc etc etc which also need to be worked out.

Frankly, after all this crap, it feels like if I can handle all this gracefully, surely acads wont be that much of a problem! :)

To give a brief update abt what I've been upto over the last few months: I quit my firm somewhere in Mid march. Moved home and joined an infra consulting firm for a short internship. Got done with that in May end, and since then have been running around getting somethings settled on the family front (NO! I'm nt getting married - one whack on the behind to whoeva asks abt this!). And ofcoz, partying real hard, since I've moved back to the best place on earth - Delhi! Delhi ROX, peepal! :D

Anyway, now, finally, here I am! Done with most of the formalities - need to close out on the shopping front. And ofcourse, start studying :(

Dont know what prompted me to blog today. Been thinking abt it for long. But somehow while chatting with a friend, S, I had this strong urge to blog. Laughed like crazy today, after a long while, while chatting with her. She was telling me about her first thoughts when we met for the first time! :D

Congratulations on all your acceptances, and good luck to those who've started their journey on this road :)

Labels: , ,

I'm good and yeah, chicago it is for me. I'm done with everything (visa, travel plans etc), but for some shopping which i plan to do after my last working day.

hey there! long time! i thought u had disappeared :)
I am leaving for NY mid-August. When r u due at Duke? Congrats and all the best!

welcome back to the grid.

glad to hear you're back - and with good news regarding matriculation at Duke

"At First I was afraid, I was petrified...And so you're back, from outta space...I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face. I should have changed that stupid lock I should have made you leave your key..." hehe... Glad your back amigo.

Thanks guys! :)

Post a Comment


Locations of visitors to this page