« Home | And the schools are... » | Michael Flatley Rox! » | School Selection » | 720 and retake GMAT? » | First Post »

Essay Update

Today's holiday (it is India's Indipendence Day today : 15-Aug) has proven to be most productive for me. I finally restarted work on my essays. I have written the first drafts of my goals essay and "What are you most passionate about" essay for Columbia. I am happy with the quality of both these essays, but they need to edited for brevity, by a HUGE margin. I overshot the goals essay by 50%! :)

My goals were proving to be a major pain for the past couple of weeks. Due to some recent happenings on my family business front, I was considering making changes to my goals to include those. But after having thought long and hard about it, I decided against it. Once that was decided, rest of the things automaically started falling in place. And I am glad I used the holiday today effectively. Finally!

I also wrote something for the entrepreneurship essay (Columbia again), but I am not at all happy with it. In all likeliness I will chuck the entire draft and start afresh. I gotta admit, I didnt really think much before I jumped in to start writing, and unfortunately I got stuck midway into the essay. Lesson learnt!

Its past 2 AM now, so time to hit the bed. Good night, world!

Labels:

Welcome back to the world of rough drafts and rework!

Happy Writing!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Happy Belated Independence Day! :)

I always find it easier to edit stuff out after I've written too much than the other way around. Sounds like you're moving along pretty well though!

Post a Comment


Locations of visitors to this page