« Home | 720 and retake GMAT? » | First Post »

School Selection

I started working on the essays, but somehow lost the momentum a few days back. Still struggling to get it back, been busy with so many things that unable to make time for this.

I made a huge mistake last yr, I dint have a concrete lists of schools till the fag end. My school list was under review and changing as late as mid dec; this when the deadlines were from 4-Jan to 15-Jan! So, this time around, the list is gonna be finalised much earlier. There are some 10 schools that interest me. Need to reduce this to 8 (or mebbe lesser). I am thinking I will app to 5/6 schools in R1 and 3/2 in R2.

I kinda have my R1 list complete, but will post it only when its not just "kinda complete" but complete complete :) But before I can think of finalising the schools, I need to take a call on something else (will blog upon it soon). Only once I decide upon that will I be able to decide which schools are in and which are out.

Based on the feedback recd from Duke, I have signed up for a quant course at mbamath.com. From what I've seen, it seems good!

Labels:

I know all about losing momentum w/ the essays... I've had that same problem recently. I will look forward to seeing your complete R1 list... I'm having problems finalizing mine. BTW - I have all 10 seasons of Friends, and it's such a great investment. :)

so many secrets which will be disclosed soon...i am getting curious.

good luck with your school selection

Hi icarus, mbamath.com offers only one course, atleast for prospective students. So course selection was not really a problem.

As for how much of a help it would be, frankly, being in India, do we have a choice? I asked the Duke lady if this was ok, and she its fine with them. This was the only website specifically tailored to the mba community.

Note for non-indians: We dont have the concept of community colleges in India. So except for online courses, there's no other recourse.

Yup! There are a total of 10 courses which are covered as part of that package. Neat, hunh?

Post a Comment


Locations of visitors to this page