« Home | Michael Flatley Rox! » | School Selection » | 720 and retake GMAT? » | First Post »

And the schools are...

After having thought long and hard, I have finally decided to app to 6 schools in R1 and 3 schools in R2. Bleddy damn tough task, but I am unable to reduce the list any further! Quite a few of these are schools I wanted to app to last yr too, but since I was very late in the game, I couldnt push in their apps in time.

The list stands like this:

R1
---
1. Columbia
2. Cornell
3. Darden
4. Chicago
5. Fuqua
6. Tepper

R2
---
1. Wharton
2. Ross
3. Haas

Over ambitious?

I have chosen these schools for their focus on General Management, Consulting and Entrepreneurship.

Labels:

overambitious? maybe... its 9 schools!
but again, 6 schools in one round can be done. you have to ask yourself though - do I really want to go to each of this school?

That is a lot of schools! But if you have the will you will find a way! Good luck!

9 schools??? wow! 6 schools in round 1 is possible. At least i want to think that, 'coz i'm applying 6 in R1 too.

Start pushing urself already...

wow, you surely have a lot of energy and enthusiasm to so many schools. i am sure you will get into more that one of them, but as jatwarrior mentioned, do you you really want to go to any of those schools ?

JW, Forrest: Yes, it took me so long to compile the list partly because I was trying to answer the question: "Would I want to go to this school, if offered admission?"

I am not gonna make the same mistake as last yr: Last yr I was not sure the answer to that question was a solid Yes, bt yet I apped to UNC and Rotman. I started thinking about those after getting the admit and then turned them down.

I likes these schools not only for their programs, but also for fit. I agree that not all of them have the same kinda culture either, but in their own unique way, it seems to fit me!

Glad you included Ross in your list!

6 schools in R1 is a lot! possible, yes- but you will have to make sure that your essay quality is not compromised. Also, HBS is great for consulting, general management, entrepreneurship. Thought of applying there?

uniQ,i am nt really looking at HBS - m not the kinds who can thrive in a cut-throat env. If reqd I can, but given an option I would rather not.

Post a Comment


Locations of visitors to this page